Sunday, November 18, 2012

The God Particle

Sitting with my cousin majoring in Chemical Engineering, he mentions that he is studying Shrodinger. I, an avid Big Bang fan, was happy to say, "oh yea, like the cat?" My cousin, impressed with with my vast knowledge of physics, launched into a lengthy oration of his study and how the God Particle has been proven to exist. Apparently, as he explained to me, it allows things to have mass and for particles to bond together. So I asked him, "Does that mean it's essentially a part of everything?" he responded, "Yea, essentially" My recently acquired Stevensian mind, had a minor giggle, and thought back to my friend Bizz becoming a pencil sharpener. Because of the God particle, apparently she and the pencil sharpener have more in common than we had first realized. That at her death she will become an inanimate object no longer seems so far fetched, perhaps her "destiny" has long been in the making and has yet to be realized. Lucrecius ever the innovator knew long before our modern scientists, that we are all connected and that where we are headed is in fact inconsequential as it has already been determined through previous connections innate in our system, just like the God Particle.

No comments:

Post a Comment